Sunday, November 15, 2009

I may need a new coffee maker

Yesterday my parents gave me some Dunkin Donuts coffee that they didn't care for but I happen to enjoy.

I went to make some this AM and noticed there was old coffee in the pot. Confession: Sometimes I don't clean the pot out right away-maybe I do it after work or the next morning when I go to prepare a new pot.

Then I realized that I haven't made coffee at home since my first week back at work. Folks, that was the week of September 1st.

Disgusted, I began to disassemble the coffee pot and nearly gagged when I pulled out the filter full of grinds and tons of new friends. (The black spot is a coffee bean - luckily no bugs - yet.)

Needless to say, my coffee pot needs a couple cycles with some kind of cleaner (suggestions?) and definitely an all new filter. Thank goodness for Amazon - my new filter should be here in a few days.