Monday, August 16, 2010

Mack is One!

Mack Benjamin Burns turned One on Friday, June 25, 2010.

Is it possible for this to be both the longest and shortest year of our lives?

Being the Mean Mean Momma that I am, I took him for his one year check up the day of his birthday (hence the band-aids on his chubby thighs). He was excelling at all the important development milestones. I think that means we are doing an okay job. He had just started walking a few steps at a time and to show off for Dr. Yaeger he decided to continually walk laps in the examination room. There's been no stopping him since.

At age one, Mack is a combo of the 14 & 15 month milestone chart found here.
He is 31.5 inches (90th percentile) and 25lbs (75th percentile).  I'm sure he will get his dad's height and he is already starting to thin out and look like a toddler instead of the cutest baby in the world.

He is growing, moving and learning so fast, I can't even list everything!  I will admit that after getting his tubes in April I was very worried about his language delay but he seems right on track and at one year had a few words down (most children have at least two words at one) - Ma, Dada, Bon Bon (his care-giver, Bonnie), Ba (for bottle or sippy cup).

We had a lot of scheduling conflicts for Mack's Birthday so he actually had two parties.  The day of his birthday my family joined Jon, Mack and me at our favorite restaurant, Tony's, for pasta & cupcakes.  It was a simple day to celebrate the best thing about our simple little family.

Mack has taught us so much about how to love and be loved - we can't imagine our lives without him.  What were we doing before he was in our lives?  Clearly, it was not as fun as this because I barely remember that life.




I Heart Cupcakes








Posted by Picasa

No comments: