Saturday, September 19, 2009

How do you do it on your own?

It's my first 24 hours alone with Mack.

Jon went to Granbury last night to hunt and canoe the river today with some friends. Last night I get the worst headache ever plus it's the first one I've had in over a year. Mack was a breeze, though. He did wake up at 3am which he hasn't done in weeks and after that my headache went away. We slept until 8:30am.

Mack napped from 10:30 - 1:30pm and during that time Libby had a seizure, which was almost as bad as seeing Mack in the ER. We have this medicine for her 'just in case' and I administered it orally when it was supposed to be given rectally. Only Jon knew the directions but I was in such a hurry I didn't call him until after the seizure. Two calls to the vet later & she should be okay. Can you imagine if I had to take a seizing dog and an infant to the vet? There'd be no way.

Mack wakes up from his nap with his adorable smiles and we get ready to go see my parents in Grapevine. I load up the car and all the tons of things we may or may not need (most likely won't need) and I get into the car. While mentally making plans for my lunch (Chik-Fil-A nuggets and a Diet Coke sound so good), I turn the ignition and nothing. My car is dead.

It's only 3pm, people! I've still got at least 7 hours to go and Jon is unreachable at this point because they are on the river. Did I mention I am helping host a baby shower tomorrow and I've yet to go to the grocery store? There may not be any Champagne Punch if I can't get there until late after they stop selling alcohol.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow, what a crappy day! In answer to your question... not having dogs helps. :)