Monday, February 1, 2010

Amazing Grace - Rockford, Illinois

We've been MIA. Hopefully you've noticed!

We were sad to have to go to Rockford, Il to pay our last respects to Jon's beautiful paternal grandmother, Grammy Grace. Her health had been declining for the last few months (since about Thanksgiving) and on January 20th, 6 years after Big Jim (her son) went to heaven, Grace joined him and her husband. She was surrounded by her 11 living children and most of their spouses.

Jon & I packed up Mack and sent him to my parent's house and we made our way to frigid Rockford. Although the circumstances were sad, Jon & I were both grateful for the family time - he hadn't been to Rockford in about 16 years. I've met all of his father's siblings but I got to meet cousins that I've only heard of as "the Cape Cousins" or "the California Cousins".


Some of the Pall Bears - Jon's brothers Jeff & Zach, cousin Brian and Jon.


Posted by Picasa
Jon's talented uncles, Rick and Jon, performed at the Rosary, Funeral and the After Party.


Posted by Picasa
After the Funeral the Burns Family celebrates life with food & drink! I snapped this picture after I noticed how both Jon & Brian had the same technique for keeping their ties clean while they shoveled their faces full of Italian Meatballs.












Posted by Picasa

No comments: