Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beautiful Wedding Invites

Some of you may not know exactly what it is I do for a living.  My title is Marketing but at a smaller non-profit that is an all-encompassing word for the following jobs: advertising, graphic design, public relations, social media and marketing.  I love my job because of this.  Not only do I get to come up with the marketing ideas, I also get to execute them from soup to nuts - including the graphic design which I am loving more as I learn how to create the ideas in my head.  Currently, I am in invitation mode - designing the invite for our annual Mother's Day Luncheon with Condi Rice.

I have two amazing co-workers on my team, one of which is getting married in late February.  LB came up with the design concept of her wedding invites and I designed them.  I think they came out really well.  When the envelope came in the mail Jon opened it before I got home.  He told me that LB's invite came and it looked really good!  I told him Thank You & he had forgotten I designed them!  I'm taking that as a nice compliment since JBB rarely notices any type of design.

Anyways, I thought you might like a look at them.  I'm especially in love with the scripty font.




Leona's very talented friend (not me) did the calligraphy.  It is gorgeous & really sets the tone of the event.  Jon & I can't wait for Landon & Leona's wedding in the Hill Country!

No comments: