Wednesday, December 30, 2009

These Are My Confessions

I belong to a private message board with about 20 amazing women on it. I see some of these girls in person maybe once every six weeks or so but I 'talk' to them online each and every day. Today one of the girls posted a subject entitled "Confessions" in which she shared she hadn't left the couch in two days. Another girl hadn't showered in three, a few girls had loads of laundry & dishes piled up. One has taken up World of Warcraft(much teasing ensued & then talk of worlds, Mr. T & guilds - I have no idea what that means).

Anyways, I did not share a confession because at the time I thought it was even too big for Father Libone up at St. Thomas (our parish).

My Confession is This:
Our house is a wreck. No, even more so than usual.

It started with this: (even the garage is a mess!)


Jon found this top of the line LG Tromm Front Loader Dryer on super sale at Home Depot. Marked down from $1,200 to $409. We bought it instantly.

So then I said, "Hey, we never painted the laundry room. We should do that."

"And replace the trim," said Jon

"And replace the door to the garage - what is up with that freaky window?" said I.

And then Mack got sick. And then Jon.

So for the past two days, Jon & I have been taking turns sleeping, caring for Mack & (slowly) working on the laundry room.

And the area from our laundry room to the dining room looks like this:






On the plus side I did get my Christmas stuff down - of course there is still a broom in the corner.

3 comments:

TedE said...

It doesn't look like it bothers Libby! :)
Sorry Mack is ill.

Kristin (kekis) said...

The good news is that it's not permanent, whereas my ass on the couch might be. Get well soon Burns clan!

Sars said...

Thanks Kristin - working on this mess now baby free thanks to my parents.